6-7/7/2010 Vietnam

Hi Everybody,
I am now in Vietnam! So, I would like to share my 1st experience to Vietnam.
Since I am currently stuck here, nowhere can go. Only able to survive through this laptop.
But, no Facebook is allowed in VN. Too bad, even I tried with the proxy website JK provided, seemed still can't log in. Sigh!

The story shall starts from 6.7.2010 (Tuesday)
3.30am Wake up
4.30am Take cab to KLIA
6.30am Reach KLIA (This is the first time i took flight in KLIA, i have long time never been there, I was quite blur when I reached. Should check from the kiosk 1st, but I go to queue up. Luckily the ambassador noticed this weird lady, save me from queuing innocently.)
7.00am Waiting my business partner to fly together with me while having my breakfast (The yellow stall which named Mache Cafe, please don't visit it! The food is tasteless.)
8.40am Wait for boarding while playing Facebook for my LAST TIME
9.00am Boarding
9.05am Officially left Malaysia to Vietnam
9.45am Breakfast served (At this time, i wonder why an hour flight got provide breakfast.. but i also didnt react much since a Vietnamese guy sit beside me keep talking to me..funny story to be continued..) Flight meal.. not too bad, but space so small, hardly to eat comfortably.
11.00am (Ho Chi Minh City is 10.00am) ARRIVED safely. (Only i realized the arrival time written in the air ticket is VN time zone, not Msia time). So, the journey is taking 2 hours flight not 1 hour!!!!! Really Oo-Long to it!
11.30am Took a stupid cab. Supposed from HCMC to my factory should be taking 1.5hours, but I spent nearly 2.5hrs in cab. The city is noisy, every driver likes to Hone, no matter they are motorbike or car. The atmosphere is surround by dirty carbon monoxide. Majority of them wearing mask! Everytime the motorcyclist so near to the car, then the car has to 'siam here & siam there' to avoid knock them. I saw an accident happened there, a van knock into an old lady who is driving motorbike. The lady is scolding loudly in the middle of road, absolutely no eyes to see.
1.30pm (HCMC: 12.30pm) Stop at the halfway, enjoyed my 1st beef noodle in VN. Beef taste good!
3.00pm Reached my company.. OMG, I dunno total how many football fields can be built. Got fish pond, then all its fence is craved with pictures.
3.30pm Brief meeting with my President.
4pm Check-In to my room. Opposite row to me, all are males! Sad.. Facilities inside, is worse than MMU hostels, but got a washroom with heater. Considered not too lousy! At least I don't need squeeze with others everyday!
6pm Sit a motorbike to nearby Pasar Tani buy necessaries. (Nearby here equivalent to Bukit Beruang to Bukit Baru or Tmn Sg Abong go to Khalidi). HORRIBLE! The rider speeding, but my helmet keep on flying to behind. But I can proof one thing, drive motorbike here is much powerful than drive a car. Because when a group of motorbikes speed out, you have no choice to let them go 1st.
6.30pm (HCMC: 5.30pm) is the fixed time for staff's dinner time. Should be my first time to join the top management for dinner, too bad I was late when i back from Pasar Tani. They all finished it without waiting me, but left me a full plate of food. Please see photos. The rice is taste sour and hard. Dao-gua is sour too. Even have the same veges in Msia, but the vege here taste weird. Forgot to tell you all, all the meals are well prepared by someone appointed here. So, just need to be punctual for meals everyday.
Sorry ya... Photo taken when already finished a lot..So, u can know how full a bowl of rice for me!

HCMC 8pm Called by President for touring factory plants. Walk here and there, dunno total how many buildings entered & patrolled. Then followed by discussion with VP, Production Head. Exhausted. Too bad, after this my VP dragged me into HER room to further chatting.
By the time i left office, is around HCMC 10.30pm.. 1st day arrival day, I was so tired but whole body is sticky after touring. Bath again~ What to do even so tired?

The bed is so hard. The mattress here is so thin~ Nothing different sleeping on a wooden bed.
That's why i got a headache & shoulder pain today!

I am now sitting in office. OT is very common here. Some people here even OT until 10pm. But, i just want to use the plug here since my laptop need to be charged.
Wireless is everywhere, even u're lying on bed, u can online too!
So tired now, but need to wash clothes later!
Hope I can have a sweet dream tonight!

Found that Vietnamese is much easier to talk to compared to those China-man, at least Vietnamese will show respect to you when you talk to them. Vietnamese has a simple mind, but Chinese different. That's why political issue can be found in any place. But, i dont concern this!

Just finished my 2nd dinner, today has a better food, eat more than yesterday. At least won't feel nauseous when see the food.

Shared you guys the food I ate since yesterday. Not much photos sharing, because I dont have mood to take photo at all.

I need time to adjust myself here. It is not easy to suit a different culture & background. If you go China, you still can understand Mandarin. Go England, can speak English But here, people all surround me talk something I totally dont understand. You speak English nobody understand, speak Mandarin, only certain people will get it. So, I just only smile and nod my head always.
Unlike previously, nobody can talk nonsense with me since they dont understand what i said.

This is my today's breakfast. Green bean soup + Chicken Egg Cake
This is the reception of my company.

5 comments:

  1. waa...
    getting more independent !are you alone in the room? no roomate?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha..
    currently alone in my room.. only one bed.. how to share? =P
    this level 90% are Chinese male..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ei.. all sudah kahwin... tackle buat apa? waste my time only..

    ReplyDelete
  4. next time can bring us go kai kai d....
    all the best to u ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. come..come..come.. if i still here, of course welcome!
    Now is consider "training" or "adapting" period, if i can't get used, i can go back anytime.

    ReplyDelete